The Chamber recently hosted an Economic Development Briefing - affectionately known as "Places & Spaces" - to provide a timely update on 13 key commercial projects, districts, and jurisdictions.
This fast-paced event was loaded with helpful information, including:
Properties - Five minute presentations on the following properties:
- Glenn Lennox and 137 E. Franklin Street with Tim Jezisek of Grubb Properties: Review slides 8-19 | Watch video 7:05-12:25
- Caraway Village and Carolina Square with Jeff Furman of Northwood Ravin: Review slides 20- 28 | Watch video 12:28 to end and then picks-up in next video to the 2:22-mark
- University Place and Fordham Boulevard Apartments with David Klepser of Ram Realty Advisors: Review slides 30-41 | Watch video 2:22 -7:30
- South Green with Gary Hill of Woodhill NC, LLC: Review slides 42 -58 | Watch video 7:35 - 11:27-mark
- Shelton Station with Mark Mosher of Legacy Real Property Group: Review slides 60- 75 | Watch video 11:30 to end and then continues in next video to the 4:47-mark
- Panel Discussion with all speakers: Slide 76 | Watch video 4:45 to end
- Blue Hill District in Chapel Hill with Dwight Bassett of the Town of Chapel Hill: Review slides 78-90 | Watch video from start to 5:51-mark
- Downtown Chapel Hill with Matt Gladdek of the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership: Review slides 91-98 | Watch video from 5:52-end
- Panel Discussion with both speakers: Review slide 99 | Watch video from start to end
- Carrboro with Annette Stone of the Town of Carrboro: Watch video from start to 2:21-mark
- Orange County with Steve Brantley of Orange County Economic Development: Watch video from 2:22-7:45
- Chapel Hill with Dwight Bassett of the Town of Chapel Hill: Watch video from 7:50-10:45
- Panel discussion with all speakers: Review slide 104 | Watch video from 10:57 to end and then continues in next video to end
About the Policy Series: The Economic Development Forum was the third of six policy forums for the year and is part of the Chamber’s 2019 Policy Series. The forums occur every-other-month on the third Wednesday morning of that month, and feature influential speakers addressing timely topics related to the economy, economic development, public policy, and local elections. The 2019 Chamber Policy Series (#CHCPolicySeries) is sponsored by Cardinal Innovations Healthcare, Durham Tech, Haugh Realty Advisors, and Silverspot Cinema.
For questions, contact Chamber Vice President for External Affairs, Katie Loovis, at 919-696-0781 (cell).