Congratulations to the following candidates who won their party’s primary.
*Note - Several of these candidates have passed their biggest hurdle (winning the primary) and will run unopposed in the general election this November. Click the hyperlinked name to watch a short video message from each candidate explaining why s/he is running for office and what s/he will do to make our community a great place to start and grow a business.
Board of County Commissioners:
- Sally Green - County Commissioner At Large (won the primary with 11,168 votes / 61%; bested Brian Crawford and Noah Oswald)
- Earl McKee – County Commissioner District 2 (won the primary with 5,844 votes / 81%; bested Tommy McNeill)
- Jamezetta Bedford - County Commissioner District 1 (ran unopposed)
Clerk of Superior Court:
- Mark Kleinschmidt (won with 9,925 votes / 54%; bested incumbent James Stanford)
- Charles Blackwood (won with 14,177 votes / 76%; bested Tony White)
Register of Deeds:
- Mark Chilton (ran unopposed)
Board of Education
- Brenda Stephens (with 6,114 votes / 23%)
- Sarah Smylie (with 5,439 votes / 20%)
- Hillary MacKenzie (with 5,163 votes / 19%)
- Will Atherton (with 4,810 votes / 18%)
(Bested Jessica Aguilar, Mike O’Hagerty, James Needham, and Hawkeye Aguilar)
U.S. House of Representatives, 4th Congressional District:
- David Price (Democrat, won with 51,989 votes / 77%; bested Michelle Laws and Richard Watkins)
- Barbara Howe (Libertarian, won with 523 votes / 76%; bested Scerry Perry Whitlock)
Read more on the 2018 Primary Election Results.