This week, the arctic cold front brought heavy snow to the Triangle Region, resulting in many county and town meeting cancellations.
Despite the weather, it’s business as usual for many of our businesses, especially those in the media and service industries. And Chamber members and staff continue to advocate for the business interests of our community.
Our voluntary Government Affairs Committee developed a robust policy agenda that will help differentiate our region and improve our competitive advantage. This policy agenda is guided by our four values:
- Diversity builds a more resilient economy. We oppose discrimination in all forms.
- The progressive reputation of our community is an asset and part of our competitive advantage.
- Our individual communities benefit from the success of each other and the region.
- Cooperation and collaboration between and among business, government, academia, and residents is civics at its best
Ultimately, we are determined to:
- Retain, recruit, and grow employers
- Develop a talented workforce
- Improve business climate and regulatory environment
- Build and maintain infrastructure
I invite you to review our public policy agenda and advocacy resources, and get involved in 2018. Feel free to contact me if you'd like to discuss how, together, we can make our community a great place to start and grow a business.
919.696.0781 | email@example.com