Salute to Community Heroes presented by AT&TName: Salute to Community Heroes presented by AT&TDate: December 12, 2013Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM ESTEvent Description:Each December at a festive after hours event, the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber recognizes the men and women who are committed to making Chapel Hill-Carrboro a thriving, healthy and sustainable community. The Salute to Community Heroes awards are expressions of the Chamber’s commitment to our community and an effort to recognize and encourage volunteerism and selfless service.
The 2013 Salute to Community Heroes presented by AT&T will be held 6-8 p.m., Thursday, Dec. 12 at University Mall's main stage (201 S. Estes Dr., Chapel Hill). The event is free to attend and open to the public. No registration required. Refreshments are provided.
Our 2013 Salute to Community Heroes Award Winners are:
- Carrboro Police Officer of the Year: Officer Joseph Glenn
- UNC Public Safety Employee of the Year: Crime Analyst Mary Elizabeth Powell
- Chapel Hill Police Officer of the Year: Officer Tony Sorrell
- Orange County EMS Employee of the Year: Asst. EMS Supervisor David VanInwagen
- Orange County EMS Telecommunicator of the Year: Sgt. Thomas Holmes, Jr.
- Orange County Sherriff Employee of the Year: Deputy Sheriff Andre Richmond
- Chapel Hill Fire Fighter of the Year: Fire Equipment Operator Richard Cherry
- Carrboro Fire Fighter of the Year: Relief Driver Clarence W. Potter, Jr.
- Citizen of the Year: Meg McGurk, Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership
- Jim Gibson Volunteer of the Year: Michael Wood, Community Empowerment Fund
- Town and Gown Award: Judith Cone, UNC-Chapel Hill
Irene Briggaman Lifetime Achievement Award: Theresa Keller-Albin, St. Thomas More
Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce
104 South Estes Drive
P.O. Box 2897
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
(919) 967-7075 Fax: (919) 968-6874