Chamber Launches 2018 Election Hub and (un)forumOctober 18, 2018Chamber Launches 2018 Election Hub and (un)forum
The Election Hub is a one-stop shop featuring five important resources, including the (un)forum, to demystify the election process and help you and your employees know who and what is on your ballot
CHAPEL HILL, NC: In conjunction with the start of early voting, the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce launched the 2018 Election Hub – a one-stop shop for the 2018 elections.
This online portal features five important resources, including the (un)forum, to help the business community get informed and get to the polls.
Top Five Election Hub Resources:
- Know who and what is on your ballot. The Election Hub lists the latest state-of-play on who is running for each relevant local, state, and federal office as well as links to each candidates’ website, and provides a simple summary of the six constitutional amendments.
- Meet the candidates. The Election Hub links you to the Chamber’s signature (un)forum. This first-in-the-nation virtual candidate forum uses shineBIG video technology to conveniently connect candidates and voters.
- Compare the candidates. The Election Hub links you to the Orange and Chatham County candidates’ Yes/No survey responses, allowing you to easily review which candidates are most aligned with your values and priorities.
- Consider Chamber endorsements. While the Chamber does not endorse candidates, the Chamber’s Board of Directors unanimously endorsed the Chapel Hill Affordable Housing Bond. Vote YES on the Bond! Go to the Election Hub to learn more.
- Find out where and when to vote. The Election Hub includes carefully-curated links to one-click resources ensuring you are registered to vote, know where and when to go to the polls, and access timely election information.
“The Election Hub is a one-stop shop for elections featuring dynamic content like the (un)forum, simple survey responses, and real-time information,” said Katie Loovis, Vice President for External Affairs, Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce. “Through the Election Hub and its carefully-curated resources, we inform, engage, and connect business voters and candidates throughout the entire election cycle.”
About the Chamber's Government Affairs Committee: The Election Hub is part of a larger portfolio at the Chamber to better inform and engage the business community in public policy, government affairs, and advocacy. The Chamber’s Government Affairs Committee is made up of 21 diverse leaders representing a variety of industries who shape the polices and initiatives based on the Chamber’s policy platform. Most recently, the Committee hosted “Coffee with the Candidates,” yet another way for Chamber members and candidates to connect. This event was part of the 2018 Policy Series, sponsored by Cardinal Innovations Healthcare, Durham Tech, and Silverspot Cinema.
About the Chamber: The Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization that serves and advances the business interests of greater Chapel Hill, including Carrboro, southern Orange, northern Chatham, and southwest Durham counties. Members count on the Chamber to 1) connect them with people, information, and resources; 2) advocate for local business interests; 3) promote our members, community, and quality of life; and 4) help members save money. The Chamber network is getting stronger with nearly 1,000 members who share a vision for a sustainable community where business thrives. Follow us on Twitter @CarolinaChamber.
Contact:Katie Loovis, Vice President for External Affairs(919) 696-0781 (cell)
Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce
104 South Estes Drive
P.O. Box 2897
Chapel Hill, NC 27515
(919) 967-7075 Fax: (919) 968-6874