Executive Orders, State, and Regional Information
North Carolina begins Phase II "Safer At Home" reopening on Friday, May 22nd at 5:00 p.m. It remains in place until June 26th at 5:00pm unless changed or cancelled.
Here's what you need to know:
- People can now leave home for commercial activity, and more businesses are allowed to open at reduced capacity. View a helpful breakdown here.
- Prepare your business for reopening. NCDHHS created a checklist with guidance and resources for businesses planning to reopen, and we created a Reopening Playbook.
- North Carolina Executive Orders
- Frequently Asked Questions about Executive Order 141
- Orange County extended Emergency Order with additional requirements for safe business operations and gathering in effect until June 30th
- On June 1, 2020, Durham County moved to a Safer-At-Home Order that remain in effect until rescinded
- Chatham County has no separate county order and will fall exclusively under E.O. 141
State and Regional Resources
- NC State Government COVID-19 Page
- NC Chamber COVID-19 Page
- Economic Development Partnership of NC (EDPNC) COVID-19 Page
Regional and local information:
- County information: Orange County COVID-19 Page | Chatham County Economic Development Corporation COVID-19 Page
- Local media: WCHL 97.9 The Hill and Chapelboro.com | The Daily Tar Heel