Executive Orders, State, and Regional Information
North Carolina has extended Phase II "Safer At Home" reopening through 5 p.m. on July 17, 2020 with additional amendments to protect public health. It is now required, with some exceptions, to wear face coverings in public when social distancing is not possible.
Here's what you need to know:
- People can now leave home for commercial activity, and more businesses are allowed to open at reduced capacity. View a helpful breakdown here.
- Prepare your business for reopening. NCDHHS created a checklist with guidance and resources for businesses planning to reopen, and we created a Reopening Playbook.
- North Carolina Executive Orders
- Frequently Asked Questions about Executive Order 147.
- On June 10, 2020: Orange County extended its COVID-19 related state of emergency through August 31, 2020 and has mandated the use of face coverings.
- On June 12, 2020: Durham County amended its Safer-At-Home Order allowing outdoor exercise classes of less than 25 and real estate open houses of less than 10. This remains in effect until rescinded.
- Chatham County has no separate county order and will fall exclusively under E.O. 147.
State and Regional Resources
- NC State Government COVID-19 Page
- NC Chamber COVID-19 Page
- Economic Development Partnership of NC (EDPNC) COVID-19 Page
Regional and local information:
- County information: Orange County COVID-19 Page | Chatham County Economic Development Corporation COVID-19 Page
- Local media: WCHL 97.9 The Hill and Chapelboro.com | The Daily Tar Heel