3 Ways to Make a Positive Difference
1) GET INFORMED:
- Read our policy positions: Feel empowered as you get familiar with The Chamber's policy platform and positions on priorities issues. The blog, "Our Voice," is a great starting point.
- Attend our events: The Chamber hosts frequent forums featuring elected officials and other influential speakers on timely topics that matter to local business leaders.
2) GET ENGAGED
- Volunteer on local advisory boards: The region needs more business representation on municipal and county boards. Review open opportunities and apply now: Town of Chapel Hill | Town of Carrboro | Town of Hillsborough | Orange County | Chatham County.
- Vote and run for office: The Chamber hosts candidate forums and administers a candidate survey to help inform your vote. Learn more about local elections and how to run for office through The Chamber's Election Hub.
3) MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD
- Speak at public hearings: Join Chamber staff and speak on behalf of the local business community at upcoming hearings. To learn more and coordinate messaging, email Chamber Vice President for External Affairs Katie Loovis or call (919) 696-0781 (cell).
- Contact local decision-makers: Join Chamber staff members in contacting members of the media and elected officials to advocate on behalf of local business interests. They need to hear the local business perspective, so make a difference today and contact local decision-makers.