Critical Issues Series
2023 Critical Issues Series
What: The 2023 Critical Issues Series.
Why: To connect Chamber members with influential guest speakers who address timely topics for Greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro and share critical insights related to the economy; economic, workforce, and community development; local elections; and policy and legislative matters that matter to the local business community.
How: The forums are coordinated by The Chamber's Government Affairs Committee.
When: Quarterly, in-person, and usually on the last Thursday morning of the month.
- (Q1) The Economic Outlook Forum, which is on Thursday, February 23, 2023, from 8:00am-10am at the Lumina Theater in Southern Village (Chapel Hill).
- (Q2) The Economic Development Forum, which is on Thursday, April 27, 2023, from 8:00am-10am at the Lumina Theater in Southern Village (Chapel Hill).
- (Q3) Coffee with the Candidates Breakfast, which is on Tuesday, October 3, 2023, from 8:00am-10:00am at The Carolina Inn.
- (Q4) The State Legislative Forum, which is on Thursday, November 30, 2023, from 8:00am-10:00am at the Lumina Theater in Southern Village (Chapel Hill).
- (Q4) The Local Government Appreciation Reception, which is on Thursday, December 14, 2023, from 5:00pm-7:00pm at a location TBD.
Who: The 2023 Critical Issues Series is presented by Chapel Hill Media Group and Servpro of South Durham and Orange Counties with support from the Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC), which provides free and confidential business counseling.
Contact: For more information about the 2023 Critical Issues Series or to Sponsor these important community conversations contact Chamber Vice President for Membership Rebecca Dickenson.
Would You Like to Sponsor these Critical Conversations?
Sponsors 1) shape these critical community conversations, 2) deliver welcome remarks during each forum, and 3) promote their brand to thousands of community leaders through our direct marketing.
*Forum audience includes approximately 100 elected and senior government officials, business owners, community leaders, and representatives from our top employers.
*Annual Underwriting Sponsorship: $2,250 for all four 2023 Critical Issues Series
*Single Session Presenting Sponsorship: $800