Leadership The Chamber staff members are working to improve the talent pipeline through leadership roles on the Regional Partnership Workforce Development Board, Durham Tech Foundation, the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Join Business Advisory Council, the Summer Careers Academy, and the El Centro Hispano La Casa for Employment and Leadership (CEL) and active engagement with Hope Renovations and EmPOWERment, Inc. In addition, a Chamber staff member is a graduate of the respected U.S. Talent Pipeline Management Academy.
The following is a list of key partner organizations that manage funds and resources to help employers recruit, train, and retain employees.
State & Regional Contacts:
- For inquiries regarding state workforce program and resources, including Incumbent Worker Training funds and On-the-Job Training (OJT) funds, visit the Regional Partnership Workforce Development Board and contact Business Service Representative Glenda Morrow at (336) 570-6800.
- For inquiries regarding state funds and resources for hiring those with disabilities, visit NC DHHS Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services and contact Business Relations Representative Deanna Jones at (919) 663-2544.
County & Local Contacts:
- For inquiries regarding county hiring events and other employer services, visit Orange County Employment Services and contact Randy Haynes at (919) 245-4343. The back-up contact information is general inquiries or (919) 245-2821.
- For inquiries regarding NCWorks Career Center of Orange County located in Chapel Hill, visit their facebook page and contact center manager Caraina Garris at (919) 245-4335.
- For inquiries regarding Orange Works Employment and Training Center located in Hillsborough, visit their facebook page, and contact center manager Lena Angelichio-Miller at (919) 245-4354.
College & High School Contacts:
- For inquiries regarding recruiting UNC students for employment and other employer services, visit UNC Career Services and contact UNC Job Location and Development Coordinator, Casey Lowe at (919) 962-6507.
- For inquiries regarding recruiting Durham Tech students for employment and other employer services, visit Durham Tech Employer Services and/or contact Durham Tech Dean of Corporate Services, Beth Payne at (919) 536-7241, ext. 4304.
- For inquiries regarding recruiting Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools students, visit Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Career and Technical Education and/or contact CTE Director Kathi Breweur at (919) 967-8211 *28277.
- For inquiries regarding recruiting Orange County Schools students, visit Orange County Schools Career and Technical Education and/or contact CTE Director Shannon Braxton at (919) 245-4003.