Register Now for the 2020 Annual Meeting
Welcome to The Chamber's Election Hub, featuring the (un)forum and candidate surveys! The Election Hub is your one-stop-shop to demystify local elections and help you and your colleagues know who and what is on your ballots.
2020 Primary Elections
What: Primary elections are a process in the Spring for voters to indicate their preference for a party's candidate in the Fall general election. Primaries are often punctuated with little interest and low turnout, but in Orange County (NC), where many more Democrats are registered than Republicans, the winner of the spring primary almost always wins the general election.
When & Where: The 2020 Primary Election is on March 3, 2020 and early in-person voting begins Feb 13, 2020. To find out where and when to vote in-person, simply type your address into this search engine (determines your polling place based on your precinct).
- In person: Register now for Eggs with Elected Officials + Candidates
- Via video: Tune into the (un)forum 2020 to watch candidates share what they will do to make our community a great place to start and grow a business (stay tuned!)
- In writing: Review candidate survey responses to questions on matters that matter to the local business community (stay tuned!)
About: Several seats are in play, including:
- (County) Orange (4 seats), Chatham (2 seats), and Durham (5 seats) County Board of Commissioners, and Orange County Schools Board of Education (3 seats)
- (District) NC District Court District 15B (4 seats)
- (State) NC General Assembly, Governor, NC Supreme Court and Court of Appeals, and many more
- (Federal) US Congress and President
More: The following are helpful links to better navigate the election process:
- Discover answers to common questions and register to vote (vote.org).
- Visit the Orange County Board of Elections, Chatham County Board of Elections, and Durham County Board of Elections, and the NC State Board of Elections for more information.
- Contact Chamber Vice President for External Affairs, Katie Loovis, at (919) 967-7075 (cell) or email@example.com.
The Election Hub is curated by Katie Loovis, Vice President for External Affairs, Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce.
For questions about elections or government affairs, public policy, and advocacy, contact Katie at: 919.696.0781 (mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org.