Community Bocce Derby: April 30, 2020
Welcome to The Chamber's Election Hub, featuring the (un)forum and candidate survey! The Election Hub is your one-stop-shop to demystify local elections and help you and your colleagues know who and what is on your ballots.
2020 Primary Elections
What: Primary elections are a process in the Spring for voters to indicate their preference for a party's candidate in the Fall general election. Primaries are often punctuated with little interest and low turnout, but in Orange County (NC), where many more Democrats are registered than Republicans, the winner of the spring primary almost always wins the general election.
When & Where: The 2020 Primary Election is on March 3, 2020 and early in-person voting began Feb 13, 2020. To find out where and when to vote in-person, simply type your address into this search engine (determines your polling place based on your precinct).
- (County) Board of County Commissioners in Orange (4 seats), Chatham (2 seats), and Durham (5 seats) Counties, and Orange County Schools Board of Education (3 seats)
- (District) NC District Court Judge District 15B (4 seats)
- (State) NC General Assembly, Governor, NC Supreme Court and Court of Appeals, and many more
- (Federal) US Congress and President
Meet the Candidates: The Chamber offers several ways to get to know the candidates on your ballot:
- In-person events: The Chamber hosted Eggs with Elected Officials + Candidates on Feb 14, and the Hillsborough/Orange County Chamber of Commerce will host "Face Time with Your Candidates" on Feb 26.
- Via video: Tune into the (un)forum 2020 to watch candidates share what they will do to make our community a great place to start and grow a business
- In writing: Review candidate survey responses to questions on matters that matter to the local business community.
More: The following are helpful links to better navigate the election process:
- Discover answers to common questions and register to vote (vote.org).
- Visit the Orange County Board of Elections, Chatham County Board of Elections, and Durham County Board of Elections, and the NC State Board of Elections for more information.
- Contact Chamber Vice President for External Affairs, Katie Loovis, at (919) 967-7075 (cell) or email@example.com.
The Election Hub is curated by Katie Loovis, Vice President for External Affairs, Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce.
For questions about elections or government affairs, public policy, and advocacy, contact Katie at: 919.696.0781 (mobile) or firstname.lastname@example.org.