Register Now for the 2020 Annual Meeting
The Chamber's policy platform is grounded in our four values and thoughtfully designed to differentiate our region and improve our competitive advantage.
I. Retain, Recruit, and Grow Employers
- We support policies and projects that create local jobs.
- We support policies that increase formation, retention and relocation of businesses in our community.
- We support the development of additional commercial space including retail, office, flex, warehouse, manufacturing.
- We support policies that support job growth and investment in the renewables and clean energy sectors.
- We support the development and maintenance of an ecosystem that supports entrepreneurs and startups in all phases of their business lifecycle.
II. Develop a Talented Workforce
- We support our public schools and an education that prepares all our community’s children for a globally competitive world of work.
- We support our community colleges and universities and advocate for well-funded, economically-impactful institutions that are responsive to the needs of regional and state employers.
- We support increased access to early childhood education.
- We support expanding availability of affordable, workforce housing.
- We advocate for an immigration system that gives local employers reliable access to the skilled and unskilled workers that they need to thrive.
III. Improve Business Climate and Regulatory Environment
- We advocate for policies that make it easier to build, renovate and redevelop commercial property.
- We advocate for policies and projects that make it easier to grow, start or relocate businesses.
- We support implementing successful tools like ‘form-based code’ that create clarity and certainty for all involved.
- We advocate for plentiful, accessible, parking in the downtowns.
- We advocate for a fair tax and fee system that does not negatively target nor disadvantage specific sectors or industries.
- We support the increased exportation of local products and services to global customers.
IV. Build and Maintain Infrastructure
- We support accessible, reliable and affordable utilities including water, energy, high speed internet, and telephone.
- We support public investment of infrastructure that accelerates the development of our identified economic development zones.
- We support the construction of housing that accommodates historic community growth rates.
- We advocate for improved transit and transportation infrastructure to ease commuting and reduce congestion.
- We support creating and maintaining community amenities that support a quality of life that attracts and retains talent and employers including well-planned parks, sidewalks and greenways.