The Chamber's policy platform is grounded in our four values and thoughtfully designed to differentiate our region and improve our competitive advantage.
I. Retain, Recruit, and Grow Employers
- We support policies and projects that create local jobs.
- We support policies that increase formation, retention and relocation of businesses in our community.
- We support the development of additional commercial space including retail, office, flex, warehouse, manufacturing.
- We support policies that support job growth and investment in the renewables and clean energy sectors.
- We support the development and maintenance of an ecosystem that supports entrepreneurs and startups in all phases of their business lifecycle.
II. Develop a Talented Workforce
- We support our public schools and an education that prepares all our community’s children for a globally competitive world of work.
- We support our community colleges and universities and advocate for well-funded, economically-impactful institutions that are responsive to the needs of regional and state employers.
- We support increased access to early childhood education.
- We support expanding availability of affordable, workforce housing.
- We advocate for an immigration system that gives local employers reliable access to the skilled and unskilled workers that they need to thrive.
III. Improve Business Climate and Regulatory Environment
- We advocate for policies that make it easier to build, renovate and redevelop commercial property.
- We advocate for policies and projects that make it easier to grow, start or relocate businesses.
- We support implementing successful tools like ‘form-based code’ that create clarity and certainty for all involved.
- We advocate for plentiful, accessible, parking in the downtowns.
- We advocate for a fair tax and fee system that does not negatively target nor disadvantage specific sectors or industries.
- We support the increased exportation of local products and services to global customers.
IV. Build and Maintain Infrastructure
- We support accessible, reliable and affordable utilities including water, energy, high speed internet, and telephone.
- We support public investment of infrastructure that accelerates the development of our identified economic development zones.
- We support the construction of housing that accommodates historic community growth rates.
- We advocate for improved transit and transportation infrastructure to ease commuting and reduce congestion.
- We support creating and maintaining community amenities that support a quality of life that attracts and retains talent and employers including well-planned parks, sidewalks and greenways.