We're still testing. Let us know if you find any bugs, mistakes, or areas for improvement. Could you find what you were looking for?
Partnership for a Sustainable Community
The Chamber's Partnership for a Sustainable Community strengthens and supports the Chamber's economic and community development work.
Mission: Apply business leadership to solve community problems and create opportunities.
Strategy: The Partnership, with strong community and business support, delivers against four focus areas:
- Convene leaders
- Educate and inform the community
- Build organization capacity
- Research and report on important community information
A powerful community convener, the Partnership brings together 100 diverse community leaders – local business owners and managers, elected officials, University faculty and staff, non-profit executives and volunteers, municipal and county staff, and media – for the biannual Inter-City Visit and Leadership Conference.
The Partnership produces Leadership Chapel Hill-Carrboro, a ten-week community education program designed to teach emerging leaders about our community and position them to successfully address community challenges and opportunities.
The Hundred Club of Orange County is a community supported fund that provides immediate financial support to the families of Orange County first responders killed in the line of duty.
The Partnership enjoyed great success in 2018 including:
- Graduated Leadership Chapel Hill-Carrboro’s 33rd class of Leadership fellows who organized its Annual Small Miracles Project raising more than $11,000 for local nonprofits.
- Serving as the fiscal sponsor of several of our community's nascent non-profits.
- Convened nearly 80 community and business leaders at the biannual Inter-City Visit & Leadership Conference in Lawrence, KS focusing on economic development, education, the arts, and town and gown relationships.
Sponsorship and Support
The Partnership is funded through generous gifts and grants from individual and corporate supporters.
To learn more about supporting the Partnership through sponsorship, contact Rebecca Dickenson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 357-9990.