Partnership for a Sustainable Community
The Chamber's Partnership for a Sustainable Community strengthens and supports the Chamber's economic and community development work.
Mission: Apply business leadership to solve community problems and create opportunities.
Strategy: The Partnership, with strong community and business support, delivers against four focus areas:
- Convene leaders
- Educate and inform the community
- Build organization capacity
- Research and report on important community information
A powerful community convener, the Partnership brings together 100 diverse community leaders – local business owners and managers, elected officials, University faculty and staff, non-profit executives and volunteers, municipal and county staff, and media – for the biannual Inter-City Visit and Leadership Conference.
The Partnership produces Leadership Chapel Hill-Carrboro, a ten-session community education program designed to teach committed and emerging leaders about our community and position them to successfully address community challenges and opportunities.
The Hundred Club of Orange County is a community supported fund that provides immediate financial support to the families of Orange County first responders killed in the line of duty.
The Partnership enjoyed great success in 2019:
- Graduated the 35th class of Leadership Chapel Hill-Carrboro, who organized its annual Small Miracles project raising funds for a local charitable purpose.
- Served as fiscal sponsor for several of our community's nascent nonprofit organizations.
- Convened more than 300 local leaders for our annual State of the Community Report when we share cutting-edge data on the social, environmental, and economic factors of our region.
- Began planning the 2020 Inter-City Visit and Leadership Conference when we will take nearly 100 community and business leaders to a TBD location for a dynamic shared learning experience.
Sponsorship and Support
The Partnership is funded through generous gifts and grants from individual and corporate supporters.
To learn more about supporting the Partnership through sponsorship, contact Rebecca Dickenson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 357-9990.