The Chamber is involved in local elections, including Chapel Hill and Carrboro municipal elections, as well as elections for Orange County Board of Commissioners.
It’s so important for everyone – especially business people – to cast their ballot, during early voting or on Nov. 8.
The Chamber has endorsed both bond referendums on Orange County ballots:
- $120 million for capital needs Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools and Orange County Schools
- $5 million for affordable housing.
The Regional Transportation Alliance (RTA) – of which our chamber is a founding member – is urging all Wake County citizens to vote for the Wake Transit Referendum. Learn more at letsgetmoving.org/WakeTransit and support the Moving Wake County Forward Campaign at movingwakeforward.com.
- Important dates
- Check your voter registration
- Find one-stop sites and days and times
- Find your polling place
In the primary election cycle, the Chamber:
- Endorsed the Connect NC Bond Referendum: At its December 2015 board meeting, the Chamber’s Board of Directors endorsed the $2 billion Connect NC bond referendum. The Chamber also hosted UNC and UNC Health Care staff to discuss the importance of the bond referendum to UNC-Chapel Hill. Learn more info at carolinabond.unc.edu and pledge to “vote yes to invest” at voteyestoinvest.com.
- Hosted Coffee with the Candidates: At the February meeting of the Economic Development & Public Policy (EDPP) Committee, the Chamber hosted both candidates for the North Carolina General Assembly and the Orange County Board of Commissioners, in addition to nonpartisan judicial candidates. See a full list of candidates who have filed for office in Orange County here.
- Hosted Cocktails with the Candidates: At the February meeting of the Chapel Hill Young Professionals (CHYP), the Chamber hosted candidates for the Orange County Board of Commissioners and nonpartisan judicial candidates. See photos from Cocktails with Candidates at the Chamber’s Flickr account.
Have questions? Contact Kristen Smith at 919.357.9988 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.