This informal google document is updated daily and provides you with real-time answers to the most common questions we are hearing from local businesses.
Help us promote your business through our new buy local campaign, called "StimulUS." Use the hashtags #LocalStimulUS and #WeBuyLocal, and together lets make your register ring.
Navigating these challenging times is complicated. Connect with fellow business owners through our online membership network for real-time information, answers, and encouragement. Don't do this alone.
Get help making sense of the latest COVID-19 information. Register now for an upcoming video conference call or drop-in for Chamber CEO Aaron Nelson's weekly office hours every Wednesday from 9-10am via zoom.
- 4/13/20: EMAIL: CBA Update (5 things)
- 4/09/20: VIDEO: Webinar on tax and employment law
- 4/06/20: EMAIL: Chamber take-aways from the "All Business Briefing" on 4/3/20
- 4/03/20: VIDEO: Chamber hosts "All Business Briefing" on new SBA loans and Grants
- 4/01/20: EMAIL: Chamber President's Updates (Invitation and Making Sense of the $350B)
- 3/27/20: VIDEO: Chamber hosts conversation on the stay at home order
- 3/26/20: EMAIL: Chamber Update (NC stay at home order)
- 3/26/20: VIDEO: CBA & Town of Carrboro host "All Carrboro Business Briefing"
- 3/25/20: VIDEO: Chamber hosts "Economic Outlook Forum" (summary and takeaways)
- 3/23/20: EMAIL: CBA Update (5 important items)
- 3/23/20: EMAIL: Chamber President’s Update
- 3/20/20: VIDEO: Chamber hosts "All Business Briefing" featuring SBA Representative
- 3/17/20: EMAIL: CBA Update (Summary from 3/17/20 CBA Leadership Council Meeting)
- 3/16/20: EMAIL: Chamber Update (Message from Leadership re: program changes)
- 3/12/20: EMAIL: CBA Update (COVID-19 and Low-Interest Loans)
- 3/11/20: EMAIL: Chamber Update (7 things local businesses should do right now)
- 3/06/20: EMAIL: Chamber Update (this is more than washing your hands)
- North Carolina Executive Orders, including the "stay at home" order, which took effect on Monday, March 30 2020 at 5pm
- Orange County stay at home order, which took effect on Friday, March 27, 2020 at 6pm
- NC State Government COVID-19 Page
- NC Chamber COVID-19 Page
- Economic Development Partnership of NC (EDPNC) COVID-19 Page
Regional and local information:
- County information: Orange County COVID-19 Page | Chatham County Economic Development Corporation COVID-19 Page
- Local media: WCHL 97.9 The Hill and Chapelboro.com | The Daily Tar Heel
Additional local business support
If you or a colleague might be infected with or have questions about COVID-19, call the Orange County Health Department at 919-245-2400 and ask to get in touch with someone from Communicable Disease Team (CD). After hours, call 911 and ask for the communicable disease staff member on-call.