Chapel Hill Young Professionals
The Chapel Hill Young Professionals (CHYP pronounced "chip") is a group of fun professionals under 40 that meets monthly for networking, professional development, and community service. CHYP is proudly sponsored by Coastal Credit Union.
To learn more about membership dues, and to sign up
Events are monthly on the first Tuesday and take place in various Chamber member businesses. Pop-up joint events and community service projects are added to the calendar regularly and members receive event notifications via newsletter. Annual memberships are available and you don't need to be a Chamber member to join CHYP!
In 2018, CHYPers hosted a casino night to benefit Boomerang, cooked lunch for the families at Ronald McDonald House, worked on a home for Habitat for Humanity Orange County, held a toy drive for the Chapel Hill Service League, solicited canned food for TABLE, and so much more!
Have any more questions about CHYP? Contact Vanessa Watson at (919) 357-9989 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
CHYP Leadership Council
CHYP functions and networking events are organized and managed by the CHYP Leadership Council. Members of the CHYP Leadership Council are:
- Connolly Walker, Pam Herndon, State Farm, Chair
- Betsy Brucker, Armacell, Immediate Past Chair
- Melissa Chavarin, Wells Fargo, Vice Chair
- Jade Young, AC Hotel Chapel Hill Downtown, Retention
- Johnaustin Chapman, Edward Jones Financial Advisor, Philanthropy Event Chair
- Allie Park, Driven Inc, Communications
- Kei Alegria, CHYP Gives
- Gregg Yurkovich, Chapel Hill Family Chiropractic, Member at Large
- Ryan Blackwell, Green Beagle Lodge, Member at Large
- Will Dickey, Dauntless Discovery, LLC, Member at Large
Annual membership in CHYP is prorated starting at $100 for Chamber members and $150 for non-members, or you may register for individual events for $15/event. Follow the link below to join CHYP for access to monthly events, the CHYP newsletter, and a $100 credit toward Leadership Chapel Hill-Carrboro.