“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
What: Leadership Chapel Hill-Carrboro (Leadership) is an intensive program designed to
Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” (Margaret Mead)
inform, develop, and engage committed and emerging leaders in greater Chapel Hill.
Why: Leadership participants broaden their understanding of issues and opportunities facing the region, refine their leadership skills, and are invited to deepen their influence through ongoing networking and service opportunities.
How: Leadership is a cohort-based learning experience with nine sessions over four months that combine presentations, tours, experiential learning activities, and facilitated dialogue to help participants better understand key issues in our region related to government, education, health and human services, economic development, and the environment.
2018 Program: Registration for the 2018 Leadership Program
is open through Friday, April 20th. By enrolling, participants commit to the following schedule as well as graduation expectations and payment requirements listed here (*partial scholarships are available).
- Wednesday, May 2, 2018: Session #1 - Kickoff
- Thursday, May 3rd: Session #2
- Thursday, May 17th: Session #3
- Thursday, May 31st: Session #4
- Thursday, June 14th: Session #5
- Thursday, June 28th: Session #6
- Thursday, July 12th: Session #7
- Thursday, July 26th: Session #8
- Thursday, August 23rd: Session #9 - Graduation