Public Policy Agenda
Agenda: We are relentless in our pursuit of the following:
- Repeal Chapel Hill Fire Department inspection fees.
- Adopt a form based code in downtown Chapel Hill.
- Secure Orange County’s Jordan Lake water allocation.
Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Orange County, Chatham County adopt a budget with no tax increase (FY18).
- Five business leaders to join and serve on local planning boards/commission.
- Install new parking pay stations in Downtown Chapel Hill.
- Roll back downtown parking enforcement to 6:00 p.m.
- Adopt both a Triangle regional state legislative agenda and a Triangle regional federal legislative agenda.
- Maintain or increase the portion of the Chapel Hill and Carrboro occupancy taxes that support marketing and visitor services at the Orange County Visitors Bureau.
- Adopt public behavior related ordinance in Carrboro that would better address solicitation, pan handling, etc
- Measurably reduce backlog and time to get a permit from Town of Chapel Hill.
- Identify and communicate requested development and communications improvements to OWASA.
- Permit an additional 50,000 square feet of commercial development in Blue Hill District.
- Present a set of recommendations and requests to the Carrboro Board of Aldermen regarding parking.
- Identify what would be required to double revenue from commercial sources in each community by 2022.